Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Maybe I'll measure my pace each month

I usually don't measure my pace very often since I run my "comfortable" pace and don't worry about the numbers. However, I've been thinking that I would measure my pace once a month so I can document in this blog how my pace varies with my training, distance, body condition, etc. Many runners, including myself, believe that speed will increase as distance is added, and measuring my pace on a regular basis will give evidence about this. Later on, after I've leveled off my distance, I'll do speed training, and my pace measurements will give me an idea of the effect of my speed training. I used my automobile this morning to measure a particular route for the recording of my pace. It is 2.8 miles. I'll try it tomorrow.

My wake up HR was 50 this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment