Saturday, June 05, 2021

Weekly walking summary -- 7.000 miles this week

Monday. I was out a little after 8 am and went 1.225 miles. That is 0.2 miles more than past walks. Judy didn't walk with me because she is getting ready for our company that is coming today. There was no breeze and the temperature was in the mid 50s (F) while I walked.

Tuesday. I added 0.2 miles to my distance, and I walked the new distance and was back before 10 am. I was very tired, but I got the stroller up the stairs to my front porch, so I wasn't so tired that I needed help with the stroller. The temperature was in the mid 60s (F) while I walked. There was a slight south breeze of about 4 mph.

Wednesday.  I walked around the east loop, and I went to the corner and west to the power box for extra distance. This the same walk I had on Monday. I didn't check the temperature at the beginning and end of my walk, but it was hot. Thank goodness for the shade during my walk. I was pretty tired during the last 0.6 miles, but I made it home. I got my stroller up the steps to the front porch, but I had to retry my effort to get the stroller up to the front porch. There was a slight gusty south breeze of about 5-10 mph on the gusts. Judy didn't go for the walk, because she and Kirsten, our granddaughter who is staying with us for the week, were busy doing yard work. 

Thursday. I walked around the east loop. We then drove to Brighton and walked around Silver Lake. The path was easy to traverse, except for about 200 feet that was downhill and had snow on the path. I put on the breaks of the stroller and let the stroller slide downhill on the snow and dirt. My feet slipped on the snow, and I was glad for the stroller to help me keep my balance. I took small steps while walking on the snow. The snow was packed into ice.

We ate our lunch on a table that was next to the lake. The table was in the shade of large pine trees. We didn't go up to Lake Mary. Lake Mary was only about 1.5 miles away, but the trail to Lake Mary was steep and not compatible with the stroller. On the way out of the loop around the buildings, Judy showed us where she worked before we were married.

On the way back we had tire problems, and we stopped at the tire shop at a Walmart. While we were waiting for the car, I sat in the stroller while Judy and Kirsten, our granddaughter, wandered around the store.

Friday.  I walked the east loop and then took a long break (several minutes) at home. Then I did the extra distance for a total of 0.6 miles more. Thanks to the extra distance walking around Silver Lake yesterday, I almost broke into 6+ miles today. I was pretty tired during the extra-distance today, but I got the stroller on the porch and in the house by myself. There was a south breeze blowing of about 10-15 mph, which helped cool me off. I didn't check the temperature, but it was hot!

Later: It got over 100 (F) today, and I'm glad I went walking this morning.

Saturday. I left home about 8:15 am, when the temperature was in the mid 70s (F). I walked around the east loop and went to the corner and back. I felt fine during the east loop but got pretty tired during the extra distance, especially on the way back. I did, though, get the stroller on my front porch without help from others. I need to eat more for supper.

The temperature should reach close to 100 (F) today. 

I just made it to 7+ miles for the week, thanks to the walk around Silver Lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment