Saturday, June 19, 2021

Weekly walking summary -- 7.850 miles this week

Monday. I walked the east block and then walked the west block. Going around the west block is the same distance that I have been doing. I wore long sleeves to protect against skin cancers on my arms. I was out about 8:15 and back about 9:45, but it was hot! There was a gusty south wind blowing of about 5-15 mph. I felt pretty good when I finished my walk. Tired but not fatigued.

Tuesday. Today was a light day. While Judy watered her garden I walked the east loop and went most of the way around the loop again; I went south to the corner, turned left and went east to the next corner. Then  I returned to my home. The extra distance was about 0.6 miles instead of the 0.625 miles around the loop. The next time I add distance to the light walk, I will go all the way around the east loop again. I left about 8:15 am and returned about 9:30 or 10:00 am. The temperature was 71 (F) when I left and 80 when I returned. There was a south wind blowing of about 10-15 mph. I felt pretty good when my walk was finished. I think I am going a bit faster on my walks. I don't control my speed. If I'm tired, I slow down. If I feel good I speed up.

Later, in the afternoon: My wife just notified me that our thermometer outside says 106 (F), a new record for this area; the temperature reading outside is a shade-temperature. I'm glad I went walking this morning. The temperature outside went to 107 before it started to go down.

Wednesday. I walked the east loop. Then Judy and I walked the west loop, and I walked south to the corner and back for extra distance. Judy was already outside in her garden when I left to go walking. I left about 7:45 and the temperature was in the 60s (F) am. I came in the house about 9:15, and the temperature was in the 80s. There was no noticeable breeze blowing. I felt pretty good about my walking today.

Thursday. I walked the east loop and then walked to the southeast corner of Congressional street for extra distance. I was out about 6:30 am and back about 7:45 am. The temperature during my walk was in the 60s (F). It is kinda hard to get up early, but it is very nice to be out before the sun comes up, and there was lots of shade from the houses and trees. There was no breeze blowing.

Friday. I walked the East loop, and Judy and I walked the West loop. Then I walked south to the corner and back. I was out at 7:30 and back by 9:10 am. The temperature was in the 80s (F) and 90s. There was no breeze or wind blowing, and the sky was cloudy with shade for most of the way.

Saturday. I walked around the east loop and, for extra distance, I walked most of the second pass over the east loop. The temperature when I left home was 73 (F). I didn't check the temperature when I returned, but the temperature was probably in the 80s. There was no wind while I walked. Judy walked most of the extra distance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment