Monday, March 19, 2018

Did 3.5 miles for another heavy run

I was tired during my run and considered aborting the run at a shorter distance. However, I took more rest breaks during the return to my car and walked more during the return, and I finally made it back to my car. I only had three layers on because I expected the temperature to be in the mid 50s (F), and I left my gloves in the car. When the sun was out, it was nice, but when the sun was behind clouds, it was cold.

I had a banana for breakfast and two boiled eggs for lunch, and I took a nap before I left about 2:00 pm for my run. I thought I was ready for the run, but my performance shows I was not ready. It would have been better to reduce my run to 1.5 or 2.0 miles and get more rest. Oh well, I did take a short nap when I reached my garage; I dozed off while I was sitting in my car. I had more to eat for supper to help me recover from the run. Today, I guess, was an example of me getting old and not having the strength and endurance that I had when I was younger.

The water under 106th South is mostly gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment