Friday, March 16, 2018

Did 2.6 miles for a light workout.

I went to the bench, in the midst of trees, that is 0.3 miles from 106th South. Not many people were on the path, since today is a work day. There were only two cars in the parking lot at 100th South when I entered the lot, but when I left the lot there were quite a few cars in the lot. There was a 10-15 MPH gusty wind blowing from the south that made it more difficult to go south, but it was nice on the way back to have a tail-wind. I felt pretty good during my run. I currently am going 3.5 miles on my heavy runs and 2.6 miles on my light runs. I need to repeat these distances a few times to get used to them. There was a lot of sun during my run, and the sun felt good.

There was a lot of water, from recent rains, under 106th South. I waded through the water. The water was deeper than previous water, and my feet got wet but quickly dried out when I was on the dry path again, although my socks were still wet when I took them off later in the day; I didn't have any abrasions from the wet socks. I've waded through large puddles before with no problems occurring. My socks are synthetic and don't absorb a lot of moisture. Cotton socks would soak in more water and probably would rub on my feet and cause blisters.

There is rain and snow forecast for tomorrow, so I went out today.

2 comments:

  1. Quality articles is the important to attract the users to
    pay a visit the website, that's what this website is providing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind comment. My training site at http://runninginjuryfree.org gives a lot of tips about running. This blog is about my experiences with 44 years of running with only one minor injury, and I'm trying to include comments about my running that might be helpful to others.

    ReplyDelete