Saturday, October 22, 2016

Ran/walked 2.0 + 1.8 = 3.8 miles

I knew that my son, Chad, and his family were coming over for an afternoon hike in Sandy, so I went early to the Jordan River Parkway and ran/walked 2.0 miles, using my 80 seconds:60 seconds ratio. I went early so I would have some recovery-time before the hike. Chad was an hour late in getting to my house, and we decided to walk the Jordan River Parkway instead of the Salt Lake valley trail in Sandy. I walked about 1.8 miles on the Parkway.

There were a lot of runners, walkers, and cyclists on the Parkway this morning. I knew from the color of their T-shirts and running shorts that many of the guys were from the Police Academy. There were a few people using the Parkway this afternoon, but not as many as there were this morning. The weather was warm for this time of year, and I took off my rain jacket during my morning and afternoon runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment