Tuesday, October 18, 2016

I did 2.0 miles on a cloudy day with moments of sunshine

I went south from the trailhead at 100th South, planning to do 1.5 miles, but, when I reached the turn around point, I felt pretty good and kept on going. I did turn around at 1.0 miles and returned to my car, for a total of 2.0 miles. There were a number of others on the trail. The temperature was in the low 50s (F), and it was a nice day for running. I made a big jump today, and I need to repeat the 2.0 miles several times before I increase my distance. I think future jumps will be small, on the order of 5-10% to allow my body to adjust to the increase.

I only ran once last week, because I was on my feet a lot during the week and decided it best to give my body more rest. I was spraying my brick patios with Johnson stuff to keep the bricks from absorbing water during the winter (the water will freeze, expand, and chip the bricks). I didn't walk much distance during this time, but I was on my feet for most of the days.

No comments:

Post a Comment