Saturday, April 30, 2016

I completed another 1.64 miles

When I first started my walk, I felt tired and wasn't sure how far I would go, but as I walked, I felt pretty good. My body and legs both felt fine. I walked in the early evening, and returned to my car just as it was getting dark. I felt pretty good when I finished walking, taking fewer short rest breaks than last time.

In addition to my walk, I mowed my lawns, which added about 1/4 mile to my distance. However, mowing my lawns gets my heart going faster than does my walking, even though I have a power-driven mower. I should have mowed the lawns a couple of days ago, and the grass was long enough that I had to bag the clippings, and the clippings were heavy as I moved each bag to my two compost bins.

I saw the Persian cat tonight, although he heard a cyclist coming and went into the bushes. A couple of days ago, I saw the black cat. I also saw several quail on the path. No babies yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment