Monday, April 25, 2016

Added a bit to my distance for 1.64 miles

There is a bench that is 0.82 miles from the starting line, and I went to that bench and back, for a total distance of 1.64 miles. I didn't feel like jogging, so I walked the total distance. The sky was overcast when I started, but no rain came, and it was sunny on the way back.

I saw a black colored bird in a tree by the river, and I looked to see if it had a red blotch on its wings (it didn't, so I assume the bird was not a red-winged blackbird). I also saw two feral or stray cats, one a black cat and one a Persian cat. They were on the path going down and coming back. The same cats (or two of the same colors) were loose last fall, and I'm wondering if they spent the winter outside. I said "meow, meow" and "here kitty kitty", but the cats ignored me, although they did look at me to see if I was making those sounds. On my way back, the black cat came near my feet, and I almost tripped over him. I did get to pet him for about a second before he ran into the bushes. He was a young cat, about 1 1/2 years old. The fact that he came near me and let me briefly pet him indicates he probably is not a feral cat.

The following picture was taken from the web.


No comments:

Post a Comment