Monday, March 23, 2015

Ran/walked for 1.8 miles

Today was overcast with short periods of sun and short periods of rain-showers. I went running in the late afternoon and did about 1.8 miles, using a run/walk ratio of 17 seconds running and 40 seconds of walking. The temperature was in the low 60s (F), but it felt colder due to high humidity and a wind of about 5 mph. I didn't notice the wind on my way out, because it was a tail wind, but as soon as I turned around, I felt the wind, which was now a head wind. I was glad to get back to my car since I was mostly walking, and walking doesn't do much to generate heat. During the hot summer, I will be glad for all the walking I'm doing, but on cold days, like today, I kinda wish I was running more so I would keep warm. Today I dressed like I was running most of the time when in reality I was walking most of the time.

The following picture was taken from the web.


1 comment:

  1. It's amazing how weather changes from one day to the next. Last Saturday I set out with umpteen layers on (and still felt cold) but on Sunday I was in shorts and cooling off in the snow.
    Keep on running.......

    ReplyDelete