Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Ran/walked 1.5 miles

It's been about a week since I last went running, but I made it out today, doing 1.5 miles in the late afternoon. The temperature was in the low 60s (F), and it was a nice day for running. I wore my running shorts for the first time since last Fall. I changed my run/walk ratio to 15 seconds running or jogging and 40 seconds walking. This means I'm changing my run/walk ratio to do less running. It seems to work fine. I completed the distance with no rest breaks, and I felt fine at the end. As I get older, I'm doing more walking and less running and will probably do all walking at some point in the future.

I'm glad its OK to be a slow poke, because I certainly am one. It's OK, though, because I enjoy myself and that is what counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment