Saturday, November 29, 2014

Ran 2.5 miles against a headwind that died out

I went running and walking in the late afternoon and finished about half an hour or so before it got dark. I did more walking than I have in past runs and probably ran about 1/3 of the distance and 2/3 walking. When I was younger, if I didn't run for a week, it would take me about a week to return to my previous condition. Now it takes me two or three weeks. I used to run 5 days per week. Now, my goal is to run three days per week, but some weeks I only get out once or twice. I call myself a runner, but I've really become a jogger. I run and walk pretty slow. But, that's OK. At least I'm out and moving about.

The first half of my run was against a 10-15 mph headwind, and I looked forward to having that as a tail wind on the way back. However, the wind stopped, and my return was with no wind. I've been thinking that I should go north instead of south for the first half of my workouts.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment