Saturday, November 08, 2014

A good way to end the week

I left to go running about 1 pm. I drove to the Jordan River Parkway and went south again. I wore long pants, because it was cold last night and I expected to go out in the morning. I should have changed to my running shorts when I realized I would be running later in the day, but I kept my long pants on. After I warmed up and started to sweat, I took my jacket off, and that helped. The temperature was in the mid 60s (F).

I ran 2.5 miles again. I started with a run/walk ratio of 30 seconds/30 seconds, but changed to a ratio of 20 seconds/40 seconds to give myself a little more rest between running phases. There were quite a few folks on the trail. Three guys flew by me on their bikes, and the lead one yelled back at me "You motivate me, you motivate me, you motivate me". I replied, "But I'm not as fast as you", although he likely didn't hear me because he was going much faster than I was. I took two rest stops of about a minute each on the way down and three stops on the way back. On my last stop, I heard a man talking loud. He was off the trail in some trees, and I couldn't tell what he was saying. After I completed my run, I was sitting in my car eating a protein bar, and two police cars came into the parking lot. One policeman came to my car and asked if I had heard somebody yelling. I told him about the loud voice I heard from the trees. He asked me if I was the one who had called the police, and I said, "no". He walked down to the trail and talked with a couple of people who were walking.

The following picture, taken from the web, shows a police car from South Jordan, Utah.


No comments:

Post a Comment