Monday, February 03, 2014

Another 2 miles in great weather!

Our air today was beautiful. I live in the western part of the Salt Lake valley and normally have a beautiful view of the Wasatch Mountains. However, lately the mountains haven't been very visible. Today, however, was a big relief. The mountains were beautiful, the sky blue with a few clouds, temperature in the high 30s to low 40s, My wife and I did the same route I did on Saturday, each doing 2 miles. She walks faster than I jog/walk, and she finished when I still had about 1/3 mile to go.

We're expecting snow tonight, and the temperature will be colder during the next several days. The rec center is a good place to run when I can't get outside, but I really enjoy the outside more than in the center.

The following picture, taken from the web, shows Sugarhouse park in Salt Lake City, further north of where I live but the same mountain range; the tall snow covered mountain at the right side of the picture is of Twin Peaks which is east and slightly north of where I live.


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful picture. With views like that, I could run forever. Keep up the good work.

    http://runningschlub.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a beautiful location. Sugarhouse Park was the location of the state penitentiary about 100 years ago. I was in high school when the penn was moved to its present location. The move occurred about 1951 or so. Now, the Utah leglislature is considering moving the penn further out into the Utah desert. The area around the present penn has built up such that it is now like downtown Salt Lake City.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you'd like a better view of the Wasatch Mountains, go to youtube.com and search for allen007x Somewhere in my channel is a video made while we were driving my 90+ year old mother-in-law for her annual tour of the mountains. We went at a time when the mountain flowers were in bloom. The areas now occupied by ski resorts were originally started by miners at silver and gold mines.

    ReplyDelete