Monday, March 04, 2013

What a beautiful day! Ran/walked for 60 minutes

My wakeup heart rate was 57, and I felt pretty good. I drove to the South Jordan East Pavilion and ran/walked south for 30 minutes and back. Today is not only a green day but a green, green, green day. The snow covered Wasatch Mountains look clear and majestic. It's probably about 10 miles to the mountains, but they look much closer than that! My legs got tired on the way back, and I did more walking during the last 0.75 miles. My total distance was 3.1 miles.

The shade temperature was in the mid 30s (F) while I ran. The high today is expected to be in the low 40s. At least for this week, Spring has come. It's been about 6 months since I ran that part of the Jordan River Parkway, and it was nice to be in that area again. When I ran there last Fall, there were big machines moving dirt to build up the height of the area, I assume so they could put houses or buildings there. No construction has started yet, but the dirt used to build up the height should have settled during the winter, and I expect to see construction there this summer.

I'm not riding the Expresso bike today but will ride it tomorrow as cross training.

No comments:

Post a Comment