Monday, December 24, 2012

Ran 3 miles, ending just as it started to snow

We had rain during the night, but it had stopped before I started my run about 11 am. The low temperature last night was 35 (F), so the melting of snow continued during the night. The ground is mostly bare, but there are still patches of snow on the ground. My wakeup heart rate was 60 this morning, and I felt pretty good.

I went south from 100th South for 1.5 miles and then returned. During the first and third miles, I ran for 1/4 mile before taking a walking break of about 45-60 seconds. During the second mile, I reduced the distance running to about 1/8 mile with walking breaks of about the same amount of time. I forgot my two-phase timer and just ran until the next half-mile marker. I felt good during the run and enjoyed it.

During my run, the sky was cloudy with just a slight breeze. When I had about half a mile left, it started to rain and before I finished the run it was rain mixed with snow. By the time I reached home, it was all snow, and it has been heavily snowing for about an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment