Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Ran/walked for 90 minutes

Today was one of my best running days in several months. I had a good 7 hours of sleep last night, the temperature was in the mid 70s (F), and there was only a slight breeze of about 2 mph. I ran faster and felt great, except for the last mile in which I became tired - not from my pace but from the distance. Alternating running and walking keeps me from getting tired from my pace, and as my body gets stronger and I get more sleep at night, I'm able to handle the distance better. At the end of 90 minutes, I had gone 4.85 miles. I forgot my timer and GPS, so I used my wrist watch to measure total time, and I got my distance from knowing the various distance markers on the path north of 106th South. I counted steps as explained in my report of my Monday run. I took my first rest break at 3.75 miles, and I took a couple more breaks during the latter part of the run. The time spent in breaks was not part of the 90 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment