Saturday, June 09, 2012

Ran for 90 minutes and did 5.03 miles

I had a great run today. My energy level wasn't quite as high as it was on Wednesday, but I ran for the same time that I did on Wednesday and did slightly more distance. I started running at the South Jordan East Pavilion a few minutes before 11:00 am, and the shade temperature was 81 (F) when I left home and 84 when I returned. There was no wind during most of the run, but a head-wind did start on my way back. The head-wind made it more difficult to run, but it also helped keep me cool. I got a big drink of water and a long rest stop at the Draper City playground on my way to the tunnel under 12300 South. On my way back, I got another drink at the playground, but I didn't take a rest stop. I took another rest stop at the bench that is 1.3 miles from the East Pavilion. That is the only bench between the new bridge at 11400 South and the Draper playground, and I often stop there for a short rest.

Today, I went under the bridge at 12300 South and continued going south for 1/8 mile before I turned around. The path under that bridge is flooded when the river is high, and I'm not able to go under the bridge. I enjoyed my short excursion today south of the bridge. It's been over a year since I last went under that bridge. A few years ago, when I did long runs of 15 miles, I would start at 100th South and go south into Bluffdale. That route took me under the 12300 bridge and a few miles into Bluffdale.

Now, I'm off for a nap and then will end the day by mowing my lawns.

No comments:

Post a Comment