Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Ran 1.5 miles again

I ran north from 100th South to the locked gate and back as a rest run. I did, though, run a bit faster than I did on Monday. I had a good 7 hours sleep last night, and my wakeup heart rate was 55. If I can continue getting 7 hours sleep for the next three nights, I'll be in good condition for the 5K on Saturday. I'd like to set a PB if possible. My current PB (after blood clots) is 47:28. To break 47 minutes, I would need an average pace of 15:10 or better. To get that I'll have to run longer before a walking break, and take shorter walking breaks. So, we'll see what happens. I have to laugh at my self. When I was in my mid 40s, my LSD pace was 7 minutes. Now, I'm struggling to get a 15 minute pace....

My wife went with me this morning. She is a walker, and she walks pretty fast. She left several minutes before me. We passed each other at my 0.6 mile point (I was going out and she was coming back). I never did catch her.

No comments:

Post a Comment