Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Started a run but then aborted...

I started my run with the goal to run/walk for 100 minutes, but after 10 minutes, I aborted and walked back to the car. I had no energy, and with each step I felt like my body was falling apart. My wakeup heart rate was 58, and I felt OK, but by 2:30 when I started my run, I felt weak and tired. I'm not sure why I felt that way, but what ever the reason, today is not a day for me to run. If I feel better tomorrow, I'll try it again. The air temperature is in the mid 80s (F), and there are lots of clouds in the sky. Weather wise, it is a good day for running. I'm going to take a nap and see if that helps.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like my day went to run 6 miles and just felt like walking so I walked six miles instead. Hope you are doing better tommorow.
    Just to l;et you know you showed some interest in my book "IT Has Nothing To Do With Age" it will be out in Oct. My firend made a book trailer for it you can see it on our Blog http://ithasnothingtodowithage.blogspot.com/ or on you tube at http://youtu.be/5RzFdcV7A0I let us know what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Frank,

    Thanks for letting me know about your book. I enjoyed the trailer and am looking forward to reading the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry your run didn't pan out... hope you're feeeling better today, Allen! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like my day too - planned to get a good workout and did absolutely nothing instead. Had a cold last week that I think turned into bronchitis. My body doesn't really want to, but oh, how my mind struggles. If I don't get the workout in, I feel like a sloth! But I think the smart ones, the ones that LAST, are the ones who listen to their bodies instead of bullheadly plowing ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Brenda,

    I don't do many races and mostly run for enjoyment of running. I believe that tiredness, soreness, pain, injury aren't normal but are signs from my body that something is wrong. So, when my body tells me something is wrong, I listen and back off. This week instead of running 15 miles, I ran 9 miles. I'm not quite back to normal in my running, but by Monday I should (hope) to be running strong again. I only run 3 days per week.

    ReplyDelete