Monday, August 01, 2011

Singing in the rain, singing in the rain while I ran

I completed my rest run of 1 hour, but I was soaked when I finished. We had light rain during the night and early morning. Then, while I was doing my stretches prior to running, we had a heavy rain for a few minutes. When I left to go running, the rain had stopped. No rain fell while I did the first mile and a half, and then it started to sprinkle. Then it started to rain. Then it started to pour, and I ran the last mile in a heavy, really heavy rain. I didn't mind getting wet. The air was warm but not hot (70s F), the rain drops were warm, and my body felt fine. I was glad to finish the run, because I was really soaked. When I returned home, I spent about 10 minutes in a warm shower, and that felt great! I ran a little faster and got about 3.2 miles in the hour.

My wakeup heart rate was 56, and I felt good.

During my run I saw a flock of red-winged blackbirds. In the past, I've seen individual birds, but this is the first time I've seen a flock of the blackbirds. This picture from the web shows a flock of red-winged blackbirds.


I also saw 5 quail running down the path. Since 4 of them were together, that implies they were in the same batch of baby birds earlier this Spring. I usually see a number of babies following their mother during the Spring, but this Spring I didn't see any babies. It just depends, I guess, when I go running and when the quail go walking. This picture, from the web, shows a family of quail.

No comments:

Post a Comment