Saturday, August 06, 2011

I ran a medium run of 95 minutes

I felt pretty good this morning; my wakeup heart rate was 58. So, I filled 5 bottles with water and drove to the Jordan River Parkway. I did pretty good for most of the run, but I did get tired during the last part of the run. I took a couple of rest stops and walked most of the last mile. In other words, I hadn't completely recovered from my weakness and tiredness on Wednesday, but I felt a lot better today than I did on Wednesday. Hopefully, with another rest day tomorrow, I'll be fine on Monday for my rest run of 60 minutes.

The shade temperature was about 91 (F) this afternoon, still hot but not as hot as it was in July. There was a 10-15 mph headwind blowing from the South that made running more difficult, but it was nice on the way back as a tailwind.

The water level in the Jordan River is slowly going down. The level under the new 11400 South bridge is down about a foot.

1 comment:

  1. I just came across your blog for the first time...Very inspiring! :)

    ReplyDelete