Monday, May 16, 2011

Ran my weekly rest run

I ran 5 miles on the Jordan River Parkway. The air temperature was in the 40s (F), lower than it has been. The sky was mostly overcast with a few minutes here and there of sun. I'm glad it was a rest run, because my body needs the rest. I had a good running-week last week, and my old body needs more rest than one day (Sunday). I wore my wind breaker as an additional layer for warmth. I took it off for a few minutes when the sun came out, but I put it back on when the sun disappeared behind clouds. Since I'm walking half the time and am running relatively slow, I need more layers than I have used in the past.

2 comments:

  1. You're doing great for a recovery week! How I wish I could be there with you running in the brisk 40s temperatures. Maybe this Fall I can join you for a day of easy running?!? It would be great to see my good friend again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be wonderful, Bruce, to have you come up and stay with us for a few days and explore the Jordan River Parkway. We usually have our first frost in September and then a month of beautiful Indian summers!

    ReplyDelete