Monday, May 23, 2011

Ran my weekly rest run but only did 3.6 miles

I ran my weekly rest run, using the north-bound path, going from the trailhead at 100th South to 9400 South. I started my run late in the afternoon, and because of an evening appointment, I only had time for 3.6 miles. I was glad, though, that I didn't do the full 5 miles, because I was getting tired. It was a nice day for running, though.

At around the 0.5 mile marker, there are some dead limbs in the river, and I'm using one of the limbs as my marker to guage the water-level of the river. During the winter, when the river is at its lowest point, the stick projected about 18 inches out of the water. This spring, when the river was much higher, the stick projected about 4 inches. When I did my run this afternoon, the stick projected about an inch. The river is quite wide at that point, and several inches of height means there is a lot more water in the river than there was during the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment