Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Ran 5 miles on a beautiful Spring afternoon.

When I left home, I just had enough time to do 5 miles before I had to return home for an appointment. I had a relatively high energy level, and I felt fine during the run. I really like the two-phase counter that I'm using to switch between running and walking. I still catch myself counting steps once in a while, but for the most part, I rely on the counter and enjoy watching the people and wildlife. I can stop and pickup litter and not worry about keeping track of my steps as I continue my run.

There were a lot of people on the Parkway, enjoying the beautiful day. The cyclists were especially numerous. I saw several couples walking hand in hand. And, of course, a few dogs walking their masters.

The Jordan River is several inches lower than it has been. This nice weather that we're having will increase the melting of the snow in the mountains and the likelihood of floods. I heard on the news today that a flood alert has been announced for Emigration Creek (the creek runs through the center of Salt Lake City.  Salt Lake County has hundreds of thousands of bags and tons of sand and rock. The commissioners say they are ready for floods. Hope they're right.

No comments:

Post a Comment