Saturday, May 28, 2011

Ran a medium run of 5 miles

Today was the end of the first week using my new goals. I did 15 miles for the week.

My wakeup heart rate was 57, and I felt pretty good during the run. I ran from the East Pavilion in South Jordan to the tunnel under 12300 South in draper and back. The tunnel is still flooded. The path under the new 11400 South bridge is still flooded with about the same amount of water on that path as there was on Wednesday. I got around the water by going on the dirt under the bridge. I didn't take any rest stops during the run. I forgot my 2-phase timer again, and I just ran until I started getting tired, and then I walked for a minute or so. I had a good drink of water at the East Pavilion before I started and again after I completed the run. I do wish that Draper City would turn on the water at the large playground that is 1/4 mile north of the tunnel under 12300 South. The sky was cloudy with patches of sun during my run. However, it started to sprinkle a bit just as I was finishing, and by the time I drove home the sky was completely overcast. The forecast was for rain Saturday evening, and I wasn't surprised at the change in the weather. I'm just glad that I got home before it rained, because I didn't take my rain gear with me on the run.

I'm still running pretty slow. My running phases are 14-16 minutes per mile, and my walking phases are 20-22 minutes per mile. It took me an hour and a half to complete the 5 miles. That's OK, though. I'll get faster as my body gets used to the distances.

3 comments:

  1. Well Peter (or should I call you Rommel) we all have our strengths. I love to run and you love to travel and play your guitar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my goal is to be just like you in 25 years. still at it.

    ReplyDelete