Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Today was my first run with Galloway's timer

I ran a 3.5-mile rest run using Galloway's RunWalkRun timer. It worked pretty good. The first thing I did after I started the timer and began running was to start counting steps. I told myself, "Ops... I don't do that anymore." I did find myself off and on counting steps; it takes time to change a habit. It was nice to be able to watch the ducks and birds and the river as I journeyed down the path and not to be mentally counting my steps. Shortly after starting the run, I set the change-alarm to 1 second, and I set the beep volume to softer. I clipped the timer to my jacket pocket so the beeping wouldn't be close to my ears.

Today was a sunny day with a cool wind. The temperatures was in the low 50s, and I felt fine as long as I kept moving. I did have my long pants and my wind breaker, but since I run on an empty stomach, my body wasn't creating much heat as I ran. There were a few walkers, runners, and cyclists on the path, but not as many as I had thought would be out.

I left home planning on running a 5-mile rest run, but my legs started getting tired during the last half-mile, and I stopped when I reached the parking lot. This was my first run since Wednesday of last week, and this week is a recovery week.

No comments:

Post a Comment