Monday, March 07, 2011

Today was a day I've looked forward to

I ran 1.5 miles out and back on the north-bound segment from 90th South. I didn't stop for a rest and I didn't walk. I started my run, planning on doing a 5-mile rest run/walk, like I've been doing, alternating about a minute and a half of running and a minute of walking. However, I felt pretty good and thought I'd see how far I could run before I had to walk. When I got to the small hill at 0.6 miles, I thought I'd see if I could make it to the turn around point at 0.75 miles. I reached that point and decided to see if I could make it back to the parking lot -- I did, and I felt pretty good.

It was raining during my run. Not a heavy rain but a steady run. On the way back I noticed a few snow flakes mixed in with the rain, and by the time I got back to the parking lot it was all snow and was coming down pretty good. I decided I had pushed my body enough with a no-walk run, and I aborted the 5-miles and went home. Also, the temperature during my run was 35 (F), and I wanted to get home before the Parkway path and roads started to freeze. It snowed for a couple of hours after I got home. I haven't checked outside, but we probably have an inch or two of wet snow. I really need to get a can of Silicone spray and do my nylon pants and jacket. The rain and snow went right through the pants and jacket, and I was wet when I got in the house.

11:33 PM: I just checked outside, and it's still snowing. There is about 5 inches of snow. I'm glad I ran today and won't be running tomorrow. My next running day will be on Thursday.

2 comments:

  1. Finally found my way into make a comment !
    You remind me of that great aussie "Cliff Young" the guy who ran in wellies from Sydney to Melbourne several times !
    Found you through another blog and with the "blood clot issues" we have something in common , not that i would wish this on anyone .
    Hope people will treat "cramping in the calves" as more than an inconvenience since it could be an early warning of a more serious medical issue !
    2nd bout of "embolisms" has brought this season to a premature halt although i expect to be at the Giro d'italia riding parts and fully fit for the Tour De France Route for the 14th consecutive year !

    Hope you will exchange links after reading the "about me " since we are OAP's keeping fit !

    ReplyDelete