Saturday, January 15, 2011

Ran/walked 5 miles

I ran/walked 5 miles this afternoon, doing 111 left-foot-steps running and 66 walking. However, after 2 miles I could tell I was starting to get tired, and I switched to 66 lfs running and 40-45 lfs walking.

The temperature was in the low 40s (F) when I left home. I ran during late afternoon, so the temp was probably in the high 30s when I finished. I wore 3 layers and felt fine. Most of the ice and snow on the path has melted, although there are large patches of ice in the middle of the path. There was water from melting snow and ice everywhere on the path. The temperature tonight will be around 28-30 and there will be thin ice on the path in the morning until the sun comes up.

Except for getting tired and taking several short rest stops on the way back, I felt fine during the run and afterward. I plan to run 5 miles each run next week.

2 comments:

  1. You are a true inspriation! I'm 54 and started running at 51. I'm running a half marathon in Connemara Ireland this April. It takes place in the mountains. Never ran any type of race in the mountains. At this point all I want to do is finish!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading about your running philosophy. I need to try to learn to run for the sake of running more, and get in better tune with my body!

    Andy at Running for Beginners

    ReplyDelete