Monday, January 10, 2011

Ran 3.5 miles in the cold

In the late afternoon, I ran 3.5 miles and felt pretty good during the run. The temperature was in the mid 20s (F), and the sky was mostly overcast. I had planned to only run 2 miles, but when I finished that, the sun was out and I felt warm, and I did the north-bound segment of the Parkway path for another 1.5 miles. After I started up the north-bound segment, the sun was soon covered with clouds, and I felt cold for the rest of the run. I really do have to start wearing more layers when I run. I'm older now and am going slower, and the three layers that I've worn in Utah for the past 15 years isn't quite enough. I have an old shirt from my days of doing telephone repair for US West that will make a nice 4th layer. I wore my ice shoes and had no problems with the ice and snow on the path.

Later in the evening, I could tell my drippy nose was getting worse. The mucus in my nose and throat had almost gone away, but my nose started to drip more during the evening. We'll see how things go tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment