Saturday, July 24, 2010

Ran the 3 miles again

Today is the annual state holiday in remembrance of the Mormon pioneers entering the Salt Lake valley on July 24, 1847. I celebrated the occasion by running three miles again. I didn't get out early, and I ran during the hottest part of the day. The temperature was in the mid 90s (F). I drank one cup of water each mile and took rest breaks whenever I encountered a bench that was in the shade. When I run during the hot summer (or cold winter) I run to survive. Because of the extreme temperatures, I'm not trying to improve performance. I just want to get in some miles, and I run slower, take rest breaks, drink more water -- what ever I can do to survive.

Today was the running of the Deseret News Marathon that begins in the Wasatch Mountains and goes into Salt Lake City. That marathon is run each year on the 24th of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment