Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Another great 3-mile run in the heat...

My wakeup heart rate was 54. I was glad that it finally came down. I've gotten more sleep the last couple of days, although not as much as I'd like. That extra sleep is helping my body handle stress.

It was about 11 am when I started running, and the shade temperature was in the low 90s (F). When I finished, the shade temperature was in the high 90s. The high today in shade temperature was 101. Along with this heat, we're having higher humidity. It rained during the night, and evaporation from that raised the humidity level. I drank my 24 oz (3 cups) of water and was glad that I had it. I really need to get out earlier while it is still cool. Our low last night was 66.

There wern't many others on the Parkway today. I saw a couple of runners and two or three groups of walkers. One lady was on roller blades pushing a baby carriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment