Saturday, July 25, 2009

Ran and walked the 1.5 miles again

Last week my wakeup pulse was in the low 60s. This week it has been in the high 50s, not a big improvement but a significant one.

My body and legs still feel tired as I run. I had a blood test last week to check my cholesterol level. The good news is that my total cholesterol was below 200 (182), but the bad news is that my bad cholesterol is high and my good cholesterol is low. The doctor said to take 4 grams of fish oil per day and to eat 1/2 cup of nuts daily. Also, she said to take 125 mg of Niacin daily. And, to get more exercise. Concerning my possibly being anemic, the doctor said to continue my iron supplements for another 4 1/2 weeks and then have my blood tested again to see if my blood is improved. Taking the fish oil and Niacin will interfere with my taking Coumadin to reduce the clotting of my blood, and on Monday I will talk with the Coumadin Clinie people about that.

3 comments:

  1. Your wakeup pulse now being in the high 50's is good news! I've been taking fish oil twice a day for several years now and don't know about it interfering with Coumadin. Sounds like Catch-22 between lowering cholesterol or reducing blood clotting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the good work. I wish my uncle would take your accomplishments and apply them to his life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep it up old man!! What you're doing is totally awesome. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete