Monday, May 04, 2009

Another great run -- 3 miles

I did my last run in Oregon this morning. I ran/walked 3 miles along the same route I've used while here in Redmond. When going downhill, I ran about 0.1 miles before walking 200 - 300 feet. I walked when going up hill, because I'm not ready for hills. Compared to running along the Jordan River Parkway in Utah, I'm going twice as far and running about twice as far before walking. That, coupled with the fact that the Parkway is flat while Redmond is hilly (25-50 foot elevation change in the hills) means I've made good improvement while here. The elevation in Redmond is about 3100 feet while the elevation on the Parkway is about 4400 feet, and the lower elevation has helped, too.

The weather during my workout was cloudy, cold, and a slight mist falling. The temperature was probably in the mid to high 40s (F). I felt warm while running, but slightly cold while walking, and my bare arms got pretty cold while walking.

1 comment:

  1. That's a great run. 3 miles is indeed very exhausting, but stamina and confidence is what we would expect for ourselves to reach that goal, like you. Thanks for your story.

    ReplyDelete