Thursday, August 28, 2008

An even greater 5.5 mile run this morning

My wakeup heart rate was 53, and I felt great when I got up. The shade temperature when I left was 72 (F) and 77 when I returned. Even though it took me 2 miles to warm up, I had a great run and felt stronger than I have in the past few weeks. I drank 32 ounces of water during the run. I've been sleeping well, and that is a blessing.

My running was reduced during the 6 weeks I was on chemotherapy cream for a skin cancer, and it will take me several weeks to get back to where I was. Most of the scabs from the cream are gone, and the surgery for the other skin cancer is healing well according to the dermatologist who checked me yesterday.

If all goes well, on Saturday, I'll do 5.5 miles again, and next week will be 6 miles on my mid-week and end-of-week runs. Monday is capped at 5 miles as a rest run.

No comments:

Post a Comment