Saturday, August 16, 2008

My body is starting to recover

My last day to apply the chemotherapy cream to my skin cancer was Thursday evening. That application affected my body on Friday, so today is the first day in the adjustment of my body to no cream. The area where I applied the cream is full of scabs, and it will probably take a couple of weeks for the scabs to disappear.

My wakeup heart rate this morning was down to 56 from 59-60 during the latter part of the week, and I decided to go for a short run. I ran a slow two-miles to begin my recovery from the chemotherapy cream. I felt pretty good during the run, but I was glad I wasn't going farther.

2 comments:

  1. Happy to hear that your body is starting to recover and you've ended the applying of chemotherapy cream, plus your heart rate is lower too!

    Answering two questions you asked in my blog:

    I haven't read anything about Devine's SLC Marathon being affected by his lax bill paying, does make you wonder about how sound the SLC Marathon is currently.

    The running gaiters I've seen aren't really for water, but more to keep dubris out of your shoes...some gaiters look more like booties you place over your whole shoe and tapers tightly over the ankle. (Saw those gaiters from pictures of the Sahara ultra race). I still need to research more on such items, I feel like a total novice when it comes to ultras. I'll probably mention more about gaiters this week when I have more time to research.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment about the gaiters. I hadn't thought about gaiters for keeping debris out.

    I'll likely never do an ultra, and I'm enjoying reading about your preparations for your ultra in April.

    ReplyDelete