Monday, April 18, 2005

Recovering from the surgery

I had a nice 3 mile run today! After 1.5 miles I started getting tired, and I turned around and came back. I felt fine during the run -- no pain in the incision area of my surgery. My wife and I then walked 1.35 miles around the neighborhood admiring the spring flowers.

On the way back from my run I saw several Canadian Geese foraging in a field. One goose was on the canal trail. I stopped running and slowly walked toward the goose. I was about 15 feet away from it when it flew away. The other geese were about 30 feet away, on the other side of the canal. My wife and I walked to the canal but didn't see the geese.

There is no water in the canal yet, but the water should come any day now. Once the canal has water, I'll start to see new ducklings swimming with their mother.

My wakeup HR is high (58). After the surgery my HR was about 55. Then I didn't do very well last week in getting sleep, and that pushed it up a bit. I got more sleep over the weekend and will focus on sleep this week.

Training Graphs

No comments:

Post a Comment