Saturday, April 30, 2005

Need more sleep

I did about a half mile of walking during my 6 mile run. My wakeup PR was down to 51 and I felt good at the beginning but became tired on the way back, hence the walking. I've only been getting 5-6 hours of sleep this week, and it's finally catching up with me.

No water in the canal yet, but a lot of big puddles of runoff from rain. Lots of wild ducks in the canal. I saw so many of them on Wednesday that it was like running through a city park with ducks at the city pond.

One of the fields I run by has a herd of buffalo. The animals are usually at the far end of the field, and I don't see them. On Wednesday and today they were at the near end of the field, and I had good views of them. Boy, are they big! They make a low, snorting noise, sorta like someone snoring.

Training Graphs

3 comments:

  1. Hi Allen,
    I found your site when looking for information on running after hernia surgery. I had mine about two weeks ago and am very anxious to get back running and biking. It was encouraging to see your were back running after 15 days. I see the surgeon tomorrow (Monday) and once I get these staples out, I hope I can resume my routine also.
    Thanks for the insight and good luck in all your running.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bob, sorry to be so slow in responding to your comment. I do remember your email and discussing my hernia with you.

    You should be back into running by now; how's it going?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a good post. This post gives truly quality information. I’m definitely going to look into it. Really very useful tips are provided here. Thank you so much. Keep up the good works.
    treatments for sleep apnea

    ReplyDelete