Monday, December 27, 2004

Santa brought me a pedometer

Even though my wakeup HR was 54, I had a great run today. Cloudy sky, temperature in the low 40s, a great day!

After 31 years of running, I decided to go high tech. Santa brought me a pedometer, a Sportsline 360. I wanted it because I'm getting ready to run my canal path instead of the city streets, and I wanted an accurate way of measuring distance along the canal. In the past I've estimated canal distances, but I don't think they were very accurate. I used the pedometer for the first time today. My 2.6 mile course in the city streets, as measured with my car odometer, came out 2.67 miles with the pedometer.

4 comments:

  1. Hah, it seems to me that you were good boy in this year if Santa brought you so nice present! But unfortunately your pedometer is a little bit old, and I suggest you to try on of the best pedometers that I found on this service.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jeff, thanks for your comment. That post was written 13 years ago, so I would hope that pedometer is "a little bit old". I gave up on pedometers and went with a GPS, which I occasionally use to learn the distance around a new route. I listen to my body and try to stay away from tech gadgets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, sorry I haven't notice the date of your article! I have read your blog with a big pleasure for the last few days, and I wanna say that you give very good example for me and other young people! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jeff, you're welcome, and thank you for your comments and your research into pedometers. Pedometers are used a lot while people try to get their daily dose of 10,000 steps, and your research will be helpful to them!

    ReplyDelete