Friday, December 24, 2004

A great 2.6 mile run

I had a great 2.6 mile run today! My wakeup HR has been high for the past few days, and I've been taking extra rest days this week. Last week there were two nights when I only had 4-5 hours sleep (I get busy doing web pages and forget to go to bed when I should). Then this week I had one night of 4 hours sleep even though I was in bed for 7 hours (I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep, usually a sign that I'm under significant stress of some kind). These sleepless nights caused my wakeup HR to go up, first to 52 and then to the high 50s. As I measured my HR that morning, I could tell it was going to be very high, so I aborted the measurement. Except for the three nights just mentioned, I've been sleeping pretty good. That good sleep and my extra rest days finally had their effect, and my wakeup HR was 49 this morning.

The temperature was 23F when I left home. The sun was out and there was a faint breeze. It was nice to be out again.

No comments:

Post a Comment