Monday, November 01, 2004

6 inches of snow

Well, winter has finally come to Utah. We had 6 inches of snow yesterday. The temperature was in the high 30s (F) during the storm, and the snow melted when it hit the sidewalks and streets (the snow collected on grass and gardens). Last night the temperature was about 29F, and the sidewalks and streets were icy when I ran this morning. I usually run on the sidewalks, but I ran in the streets because the asphalt was rougher than the concrete sidewalks and gave better traction. The streets weren't solid ice, just small spots of ice mixed with small spots of dry asphalt, about equal amounts of each.

My wakeup HR was 51, and I had a nice 1.25 mile run. The temperature was 31F when I left and 37F when I returned. The ice in the streets was melting.

No comments:

Post a Comment