Saturday, March 19, 2016

Walked 1.24 miles again but on a different route

In the past, I've walked 1.24 miles by going around the block twice. This time, I only went around the block once and took a longer route home. I used my GPS to measure the different route. I don't use my GPS much, since I become familiar with the routes and the distance to various points on the routes. However, if I take a route that I'm not familiar with, I use the GPS to measure the distance. My GPS is a Garmin 110, which is accurate to about 3 meters or 10 feet.

The following picture, obtained from the web, shows a runner waiting and waiting and waiting for her GPS to find the satellites (4 of them).


My GPS is usually pretty fast at locating satellites, but if I change my starting location since the last time I used the GPS, it does take longer to find the satellites, and I feel like an idiot.


No comments:

Post a Comment