Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Another 2.2 miles

My wife and I drove to the trail-head at 100th South and went north. She walked 2 miles and I ran/walked 2.2 miles. There was a south-wind of about 10-15 mph, and it was a head-wind on the way back. The air temperature was in the low 30s, but the wind-chill was below freezing, and it was cold! I normally run about 40 seconds and walk 60 seconds, but, to keep warm, I ran for about 80 seconds and walked about 100+ seconds. The sky was partly cloudy in the morning, but during our run it was overcast. There is apparently a storm coming through and thus causing the wind. It rained during the night but might be a dusting of snow this evening. I only saw a few people on the path -- two runners and three walkers plus my wife and me. During my walk phases, I felt the cold on my face, but I didn't notice it during my running phase.

No comments:

Post a Comment