Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Did 1.9 miles

My wife and I did the Jordan River Parkway again, starting at 9 am. She walked 2 miles and I ran/walked 1.9 miles. It was hot, but because we were out relatively early, the heat wasn't bad. I carried water for myself and my wife, and that really helped. One lady saw me sitting on a bench in the sun, and she asked if I were OK and if I had water. I found out later that she had a close call a few days ago with the heat and was sick afterwards.

After we returned home, I took a nap, ate breakfast, and then spent two hours spraying weeds in my lawn. The bigger weeds take a couple of sprayings to die.  I sprayed them last week and again today, so it will be interesting to see how they are doing next week. I'm using a broad-leaf spray.  I would prefer to not spray, but I haven't found a good way to control weeks without using chemicals. If I do nothing, the weeds will take over the lawn, so doing nothing is not an option.

We saw quail in our back yard, two parents and several newborns. Quail like bushes, and we have lots of bushes in our yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment