Thursday, June 18, 2015

Did 1.8 miles in a HOT afternoon

My wife was busy today, so I went by myself to the Jordan River Parkway and ran the 1.8 miles that I did on Tuesday. This time, however, I carried two bottles of water in my Fuel Belt; each bottle holds one cup. I was glad to have the water, but I need to carry three bottles instead of two. My theory is that I sweat continuously and should drink water frequently. I thus took a swallow of water each time I walked.

The air temperature was 92 (F) when I left home, and it was HOT while I ran. I went slow and took frequent rest breaks for a minute or so. I knew I would run out of water before I completed my run, so there were a few times that I walked but didn't take any water. I ran in the early afternoon, and there wasn't much shade on the path. Early morning or late evening is the best time to find shade. I felt pretty good during my run. I had mowed my lawns earlier in the day, so my body was tired, but I took an hour nap before I ran. The run:walk ratio of 20 seconds:40 seconds seems to work fine for me. I passed several cyclists, one skate-boarder, a few walkers, but no other runners.

No comments:

Post a Comment