Thursday, April 09, 2015

Did 1.7 miles along the Jordan River

I went south from the 100th South trail head and did 1.7 miles. I started alternating running and walking (20  seconds each), but after 1/4 mile or so I turned off my timer and just walked the remaining distance. I was out in the late  afternoon, and the temperature was in the mid 40s (F). This morning I was checked for skin cancers, and the doctor removed two suspects for biopsy. In addition, he froze about a dozen suspects with liquid nitrogen to kill them; he didn't think they were cancerous and didn't remove them for biopsy. I don't know if the stress of this morning affected my running, but I didn't feel like running and walked most of the distance. Walking is much easier on my body than running. I'm old enough that I don't have the energy to run after stressful things, like this morning.

My skin cancers have all been basal cell, which is the least dangerous of the three types of skin cancer. I had my first surgery for skin cancer in 1976 when I was 41. My memory is hazy about that date, but I think that is the correct year.

No comments:

Post a Comment