Saturday, May 17, 2014

Ran 1.5 miles in the late afternoon

I ran my 1.5 mile route in the late afternoon. The temperature was in the low 80s (F), and it was hot. On my way back, I had a slight head wind and that helped cool me a bit. Quite a few people were on the path, skating, cycling, walking, running.

I saw a BIG fish or something in the river. I heard the water splashing, and I looked through some bushes at the river and saw a big something in the water. The object was mostly submerged, but every couple of seconds or so it broke water and made a splashing sound. At first I thought it was a dog. I walked back about 20 feet so I could get a better view of the object, and I decided it was a big fish.  The river is only a couple of feet deep, so the object was having a hard time remaining submerged. I heard the splash again on my way back, but I didn't see anything.

I've had good running the past two weeks, and I thought I'd take a rest-week and do 1.5 miles again during the coming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment