Thursday, May 29, 2014

Another 1.5 miles chalked up

My wife and her sister went to a class on herbs and essential oils, and I went running. I've been using a run:walk ratio of 20 seconds:20 seconds. During this run, I changed the ratio to be 30 seconds:30 seconds. I did fine with the new ratio. I changed, because 20 seconds seemed a bit short for my current condition. Running 30 seconds and then walking 30 seconds seemed "about right" for my current condition. Each person has to find out for himself or herself the ratio to be used. When I first started using walk-breaks, I walked for 1 minute each mile. Later, I changed to 30 seconds each half mile. As I got older, I found that I needed to walk more and run less, and I've experimented with various ratios. One ratio that I like a lot is 1 minute:1 minute.

The temperature during my workout was in the mid 70s. I was out in the early evening, and the temperature was going down as the sun went behind the Oquirrh mountains. During the past week, the temperature has been in the 90s (F). Today was cooler, but the temperature is supposed to climb back into the 90s. The following picture, taken from the web, shows snow on the Oquirrh mountains in the late Spring, with the south western part of the Salt Lake valley at the base of the mountains. Antennas for the local TV stations are on one of the peaks of the mountains.





No comments:

Post a Comment