Monday, May 12, 2014

I ran/walked 1.5 miles

My wife and I drove to the Jordan River Parkway for our workout today. I went 1.5 miles and she went 2 miles. I used a run/walk ratio of 20 seconds: 20 seconds and felt pretty good. The temperature was in the low 50s (F), and there was lots of sunshine. I would have been more comfortable if I had worn my nylon windbreaker, because there was some wind blowing, but I felt OK after I warmed up. For younger runners, today would have been a "perfect" running day.

There weren't a lot of people on the path, but I did pass a few cyclists and walkers and one or two runners. Last week my wife saw some ducklings in the river, and we should soon see some young quail on the path. Spring is a great time. Not only do we see baby animals, but the trees are all leafed, and the earth is renewing itself. The river is still low, though, and will probably be that way during the coming year. Utah is beautiful this time of year, but it is still a desert.... The following picture, taken from the web, shows the playground at the East Pavilion in South Jordan. I've gotten a lot of drinks at that fountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment