Monday, March 10, 2014

Ran 2 miles plus a couple hundred yards extra

I ran the Jordan River Parkway today, going south from 100th South. I ran my 2-mile route plus a little bit extra before I turned around. My goal is to get back to 3 miles and then head to 5 miles. The sky was cloudy (expecting snow tonight), but the temperature was in the high 50s (F), and it was a nice running day. Lots of people were out enjoying themselves.

Today was my last run in my PI iZUMI shoes. They've served me well for 500 miles, and I'm retiring them to be my walking shoes, and for the next 400 miles I'll be running in my LOCO Carumba shoes. I have one more pair of Carumbas to use after my current ones reach 500 miles (they're currently at 112 miles). So, 900 miles from now, I'll be shopping for new shoes, since LOCO shoes aren't sold anymore. I used to run 900 miles in less than a year, but now, with my age, I'll probably take 3 years for that many miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment